We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Sunday, January 5, 2014

5 I 2014

Another brisk morning! We had our book group discussion this morning (Dodie Smith's I Capture the Castle - which I did not read) and Wendy and I braved the elements to get to Espresso Royale. The winter storm finally started to blow thru this morning, and we probably shouldn't have been out, but we both knew we'd be sad if we missed out. After that, we went over to Schuler to hang out for a bit.

After I got home, I just relaxed around the house. I read some of the Jan/Feb book group selection, Mark Helprin's Winter's Tale (it's a CHUNKSTER), which I really enjoyed. I'm so glad that I'm finally able to start reading again! I think the ADD medication is finally balancing out. Happy day!

So, now I'm sitting here, sipping some tea and watching it snow. And snow. And snow some more.

No comments: