We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Saturday, January 4, 2014

4 I 2014

Went to see 47 Ronin with Ann, Randi, and Wendy today. While mildly entertaining, there really wasn't much to it, and I'd say if you really want to see it, just wait until it's out on DVD. I can't imagine that it's going to be in theaters for very long as it is.

Afterward, we went to Claddagh for some appetizers and drinks. We all decided that we needed comfort food, so we all ordered the loaded pub chips, which I'll definitely be getting again. Talk about yum!

Ann sent us some links to an interview with Mark Helprin and a review of Winter's Tale, which is our Jan/Feb book group selection, so I read those in anticipation of starting the book this weekend. I also snuck in a Target novelization of Doctor Who and the Invisible Enemy today, too. So, four days into the year, and 4 books read. Not too shabby!

No comments: