We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Friday, January 10, 2014

10 I 2014

 photo mza_7086226647782067744600x600-75_zpsa46ed3a5.jpg


I've had the office to myself today, so I started listening to a podcast that my friend Gail has been telling me about, Welcome to Night Vale. It's written as a radio broadcast of the goings-on of a strange, small town in the dessert. Presented as a sort of Prairie Home Companion meets Twin Peaks via Northern Exposure, the twice-monthly show is broadcast as a radio announcer discusses the happenings around the town of Night Vale. Each segment is about 20 minutes long, and I've listened to about 10 of them so far today, and am loving it! So, if you're ever sitting around the house and need something a little quirky and fun to listen to, this is just for you!

No comments: