We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Where does my time go? Ideas on a sense of purpose.

Where does my time go? I have so many intentions of accomplishing tasks, and suddenly, days, weeks, months later, I realize that I haven't done a single one. What's more embarrassing, what I have intended is never anything too strenuous or taxing. Like dusting? Or vacuuming? Or simply picking up the telephone to call a friend that I haven't talked to in months, years? I don't understand why I can't find the time to do these simple tasks anymore. And it is not like my days are empty. Granted, I could do more in the evenings when I get home from the office, but more often than not these days, I have already expended all my energy for the day at work. It is the weekends that seem to escape from me. I need a semblance of order. A plan of attack. A sense of accomplishment. And then we're back to square one...

Sometimes what I really think I need is a sense of purpose. I seem to be lacking that lately. A sense of purpose for myself and what I need to be or should be doing. I think once I get myself organized and structured and start finding my time again, my sense of purpose may find its way back to me.

And least that's the idea and plan for now.

No comments: