We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Overindulgence, a little too soon?

Perhaps I tried to do too much this past weekend, too soon after being sick, as I woke this morning not feeling 100% again. I was up until the wee hours reading Cormac McCarthy's The Road on Thursday night, my mother and I went to see The Lion King at Wharton Center on Friday and then dessert afterward. Saturday, B and I went to Spiral, and I didn't topple into bed until 4am, and then was up at 9:30am for have brunch with K, S and my mom. K, S and I then went to the antiquarian book show at the Lansing Center. Then a nap. Don't get me wrong, it was a weekend chockablock with birthday fun, but I think that perhaps it was a little too much, too soon. I think I'm going to have to take it easy for the next week or so again to make sure I don't have a relapse.

No comments: