We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

There's a nip in the air today!

It would seem autumn is right around the corner. There's a nip in the air (it's in the mid 50s) and now it's raining.

What happened to the summer? It's not supposed to be over yet. What happened to all my grand plans for the summer; the books I was going to read; the running regimen I was going to start; the gardening I was going to do at Mom's? Autumn cannot possibly be here yet. I should have at least another 2 months!

Of course, this also now means that it is time for the orchard, S's Pumpkin Party and Trick or Treating at her place, cleaning up Mom's yard for the year, the Color Cruise in Grand Ledge (which, unfortunately, I'll be missing this year) and something new! This year B and I are moving into our new place over the next month, so hopefully there'll be a great deal of organizing at home!

Oh well, there's always next summer!

No comments: