We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Friday, May 11, 2007

Went over to Mom's last night to mow the lawn, and spent a little time playing with Mame & Gypsy. I think they are both adjusted to Heidi's absence now. I wish the same could be said for Mom, but she'll come around in her own time.

I called C--- on my way home, but Dad called within minutes, and I really wanted to find out how things were going, what with the state of FL being on fire and all, so I told C--- that I'd call him back. Dad and I had a good talk, but we couldn't really talk since Attila was home, so I told him I'd give him a call when S---- and I got back from Chicago and we'd really catch up on what's been going on.

I called C--- back, and we had a long talk and just caught up on a lot. He is heading over to the Shedd today to get tickets for S----, he and I so that we don't have to wait in line when we get there tomorrow. I must have talked to him for over an hour, and then S---- called and wanted to go over to B&N, so while I was still on the phone with C---, I jumped in the car and dashed over to meet S----. After 10, B--- came over and met us and we ended up closing B&N.

And no, I still haven't packed for Chicago yet. I'm hoping to sneak out of work a little early so that I can stop by the apartment before we go to the movies tonight, and get that remedied so I'm not up until all hours of the night.

No comments: