We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End... just a little disappointing

Mom and I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End last night, and while it was better than Spider-Man 3, it still left a lot to be desired. The plot was extremely convoluted (exactly who was stabbing who in the back?), there were a couple of dangling plot lines that were left dangling (what was the history between Jack and Beckett?), some scenes had enormous potential only to be to be supremely disappointing (Tia Dalma/Calypso), some were a little too drawn out (the maelstrom) and overall the film felt like it was about 1/2 hour too long.

Naturally, it was left open for there to a fourth installment, and while part of me hopes that they leave it at this (too much of a good thing, and all), there is a part of me that thinks it would be fun if maybe down the road a little, they go back to revisit the characters and see where they are at.

It's worth going to see, don't get me wrong, but I think they tried to do too much with it.

No comments: