We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Sunday, May 27, 2007

In counterpoint to my previous post...

Well, I think I've learned something about myself today.

As delicious as the day has been, doing literally nothing but reading all day, I believe that now that I've become a little more active in my day to day routine (trying to get in walk/run everyday, etc.), doing nothing for an entire day actually makes me feel a little worse for wear, it seems.

It has rained the last 2 mornings, so I skipped out on doing my walk, yet I kept active almost all day yesterday, what with the chores around the apartment and all. Today was really all about sitting on the couch and reading almost 3 books, and while that was a luxury I scarcely can imagine these days, I think it is something that won't be happening again, at least not without a walk/run/something in the morning or evening to get me through the rest of the day.

Perhaps this is a good sign, that my body is responding well to exercise, and looks forward to it almost as much as my mind has lately.

No comments: