We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Sunday, May 27, 2007

If only everyday could be like today...

I have spent a luxurious day doing absolutely nothing. I cleaned the apartment for most of yesterday, and finished reading Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time and then watched Pan's Labyrinth in the evening. Tomorrow I am off to Mom's house to work in the yard, do laundry and have a little Memorial Day cookout. But today... today was all about reading. I read the next in the Time Quintet, A Wind in the Door, and am just about finished with A Swiftly Tilting Planet. I hope to be able to finish that and at least have a good portion of Many Waters finished before I go to the drag show tonight (assuming that I don't change my mind about that between now and then). Tomorrow, I would like to finish Many Waters before I head off to Mom's, and that will give me the rest of the week to complete the Quintet with An Acceptable Time. I really want to get this finished before June 1, as that is when I am re-reading the Harry Potter series in anticipation of the final book's release in July.

June 1 is also when I want to start my "1 Photo a Day for a Month Project". Not sure what I am to get out of that endeavour, but it is something that I have wanted to do for a long time, and I will hopefully be able to post the images as I go along.

Enough typing... back to reading!!

No comments: