We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Friday, April 27, 2007

Funny Face and Chicago!

I watched Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire last night. Adorable!!! I had never seen it before, and R--- had DVR'd it for me while I am housesitting for her. As big a fan of Audrey Hepburn as I am, I still surprise myself by how few of her movies I have actually seen. S---- and I are talking about doing an Audrey Hepburn movie day soon, so hopefully that will help me to catch a few more that I haven't seen.

The big news is that S---- and I are heading off to Chicago the second weekend in May. I can't wait. Hopefully, we'll have good weather! She is looking around online today for things to do while we are there. Wicked is still playing, so we may try to get cheap tickets for that. If he has time, we may try to meet up with C--- as well. We want to make it over to the Shedd and the Field, and we're going to do the Mile and Millennium Park. We're going to do lunch at the little Italian restaurant by Hotel 71, and then maybe dinner at the Rainforest Café. And S---- will finally get to see Candyland. Moonstruck Chocolates, of course. So much to do in just 3 short days, but it will be worth every minute of it!!

No comments: