We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Ready to be done

I am ready to be done housesitting for R---. The dog's are trying to do everything in their power to upset me today, the latest being Mame trying to run through the screen door just as I opened the back door to let some fresh air in. I think she broke it. I was able to get it back on it's track, but it doesn't open or close like it should now. She knew I wasn't happy. I tried to get her to go in the cage so that I could get out of the house for awhile, and she wouldn't go, which just ended up making me more mad. I can't wait for tomorrow night to get here, so that I can sleep in my own bed and try to get back to my normal routine.

Of course, I haven't done any of the outside work that I needed to get done while I was here. Having that awful spell of food poisoning, and then horrible weather pretty much ruined any chance of getting things done. It gets to the point that I hate to go over there, because it seems that every single time, something happens that just throws me for a loop.

Someday, I'll be able to have my own life.

No comments: