We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Spring is in the air.

Spring.

Fresh starts. New beginnings. The promise of the coming year.

I decided that maybe it was time for a change to the look of my blog. Freshen things up a bit.

I love this time of year. I'm always full of ideas; ideas of things to do at R---'s house, the apartment, ideas that I'll finally get around to all those projects that I always want to start.

Of course, give me a couple of weeks, a month or two at most, and the majority of those ideas will have disappeared, filed away to the back of my mind for next year. I always go into this time of year with the best of intentions, but rarely follow through on any of the plans. Like many, I think it has to do with the comfort levels we find ourselves in on a day-to-day basis. It takes a lot of energy to break out of your comfort zone, to challenge yourself to new tasks and new endeavors. At least it does for me. Time doesn't seem to be flying by this year at break-neck speed. Maybe it will be different. Maybe I'll finally find the time to get everything in that I want to get accomplished. Time will tell.

Until such time, I will continue to sit and stare out the window, hoping for a break in the rain so that I can go plant a flower, mow R---'s lawn, enjoy the outdoors.

At least until my next TV show comes on.

No comments: