We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

14 I 2014

So, the other reason I was up late last night:

When Sarah dropped me off after the signing and I was talking to her before she left, this guy came up to to my place and was mumbling something at me. I couldn't tell if he was drunk or high, but I finally figured out he was asking me if I'd buy something off of him. I told him no, and he reached into his coat pocket, and for one hot second I seriously thought he was going to pull out a gun, no joke. He ended up pulling out DVDs or CDs or some shit (I'm assuming he was trying to show me what he wanted me to buy), and I told him no again and I started to walk back to my house (Sarah was in her car this entire time). I heard the snow crunching behind me and I thought he was following me up to the house, but he wasn't, he was actually walking away. Freaked me out just enough that I couldn't sleep and kept checking out the window to see if he was out there. Stupid, I know, but it is what it is.

This was the first time since I moved into the house that I actually felt uncomfortable. Well, other than the SWAT team incident, but that was a slightly different circumstance. Anyway, I was up until about 1AM. Every time I dozed off, I'd come to again and have to go check out the window to make sure he wasn't out there. In my rational mind, I knew he wasn't going to be there, but the freaking out part of my mind wasn't listening. sigh I hate when I get like that.

So... I'm a little tired today but at least I don't have to worry about creepy guys hanging out in front of the office! (I hope... lol)

No comments: