We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Moving and other changes

So, I've decided to move. This has nothing to do with my roomie, Brad. He's a fantastic friend, and the only person I've been willing to live with for years, but as with everything, it's time for a change. With all that's been going on in my life the last couple of years, I've decided that I need to get a place of my own to help re-center myself. Some friends of mine have a house for rent, and they're being extraordinarily generous with the amount that they are asking for rent, and the timing just feels right for me, so I'm moving.

Of course, the timing feels right except for the fact that this coming Friday I'm having surgery on my shoulder and won't know how long that's going to put me out, and I am still planning on going on vacation over the holidays at the end of December, bt other than those two little things, I totally feel confident that this is the perfect timing for all of this...

A friend asked me the other day if I thrived on chaos. I just may, which is why I'm hoping that this move will help ground me a little so that I don't feel like I'm still flailing about willynilly.

In other news, I've lost 10lbs. It would appear that eating healthy and going to the gym actually do have some positive side effects. Who knew? Now, just to see how the BP looks at the Doc's office this Thursday. Fingers crossed that's not a new medication I see in my future. OH! And my A1C was 5.7-something, so I'm well out of the diabetes danger zone for right now. I'm going to prove myself to be the exception to the rule in my family! No diabetes for me, just allergies, of which I'm the only one who suffers this bad, apparently. Leave it to me to always be the odd duck out!

No comments: