We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Weekly Roadtrip 2011 #1: 5/21/11 The Drousy Chaperone at the Kalamazoo Civic Theatre

Something I've been thinking about the last couple of weeks is I need to fill up my time with some more excitement. As my friend Tanya says, I need more circus in my life. While she probably means that I literally need more circus in my life (she does love her clowns!), I'm looking at it as I need more out of the ordinary, off the beaten path fun. To that end, I've decided on my Weekly Roadtrip 2011 adventure!

I may not make it somewhere every single weekend, but I want to try. Maybe it's to the next town over, maybe it's somewhere farther away. I just want more fun.

So, this weeks Weekly Roadtrip is to the Kalamazoo Civic Theatre to see my co-worker's wife, Dee, in a musical called The Drousy Chaperone. She invited me to the last weekend of the performance's run and I decided this was the perfect opportunity to start my adventures! I'll post more after the show.

Distance traveled: 85 miles
Total Adventure miles traveled: 85 miles

No comments: