We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Friday, June 11, 2010

It's amazing how just a few minor, insignificant happenings can totally throw me right back into familiar habits. No sleep. Eating non-stop (I've ballooned at a staggering weight gain of 20lbs now - fatty fatty bum bum). Ah, if only I could live in a perpetual vacation, doing nothing but reading and sleeping. Now, that would be something.

I felt a minor accomplishment the other night. I mowed the lawn and weeded the front garden. And then I think to myself, "That's an accomplishment? That shouldn't be an accomplishment, that should just be life. When did mowing the lawn become an accomplishment?" I'm in desperate need of some focus.

Focus. Focus. Focus.

Did I mention I need some focus?

Oh, shiny!...

No comments: