- Be happier. Quit focusing on the negative and really pay attention to the positive. Be spontaneous. Be the type of person that you want to hang out with.
- Take better care of yourself. This is easy, as you've already started doing this, but do it better this year. Remember the goal you set yourself for your birthday? You may be a little behind, but it's still attainable. You've still got 2 1/2 months!
- Treat yourself better. This is easy too! And totally achievable. Learn how to say no. Learn how to take care of yourself the way you take care of others. Be forceful about it when you need to be. Put your foot down. Say no. People will survive, and they won't leave you.
- Force creativity. After awhile, you won't have to force it anymore.
- Let it go and move on. It's never going to happen. You know of what I speak. But DON'T DON'T DON'T let this make you feel worthless. You know this is a slippery slope for you, but YOU ARE NOT WORTHLESS. No matter how many times this will happen to you, you are NOT worthless.
- Be content with your life. It's OK that things aren't working out the way you expected them to by now. It's just a little hiccup in the larger scheme of things. Also know where things are going is going to help you make this adjustment easier.
- Clean out crap! Scale back. There is so much that is drowning you in physical possessions that you don't even pay attention to anymore. Less is more, and will make you feel better not being tied down to some much stuff.
- Be the friend that you really want to be. Keep in touch, and not just through the computer. See people, face to face. You'll feel better, and so will they.
from my bookshelf
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
It's a new year, time for some new goals
OK, so it's a little late in the year to be making resolutions, or goals; I like goals better, resolutions just sound so final and I know my life is not like that. At all. Never has been, never will be. I wish there were absolutes with me, but I simply don't operate that way. So, here are the things that I want to work on this year. I'm hoping that if I get them down so that I can refer back to them at the end of the year, I can see if I actually made any progress or not. Self, pay attention now: