We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Friday, April 10, 2009

Fun: the best word for it

Tonight was one of those evenings that I was sorry to see end (even though I called it a night early). I need a good night's sleep tonight... so why am I writing now, when I should be asleep? Becasue I'm not quite ready to let it go. Because I want the fun to go on and on. Fun. It is exactly what I needed to end this week. We decided on a Friday night in, for a change; board games and delivered pizza for dinner. We had a theme night: Disney games. Disney Sorry, Disney Villians Monopoly and Haunted Mansion Clue. I won Sorry, S took all but 5 properties in Monopoly, which I finally just gave to her to end the game, and the race was on for S and me to prove that it was Goofy being haunted by the Skeleton in the Ballroom. Hours of laughter; good memories. These are the nights that I do need more of. I could go on, but now I do need to climb into bed, a full day tomorrow, and I need sleep. I want to make tomorrow count. Cleaning, laundry, logos, reading, C. So much to do, and only so many hours in a day, but I want to get it all in.

Thankful for friends and fun.

No comments: