We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Movie thoughts - Iron Man

Just got back from seeing the new Iron Man film, and really, it was just a plain fun film. I think that it may top my list of superhero movies (sorry Spider-Man 2 and X-Men 2).

I wasn't so sure about Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark, but he really pulled it off. Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts was a good choice too. The special effects were great. I have to say that the armor looked like somebody grabbed one of the drawings from the comic book and stuck it in real life. I'd be happy to see more of these made!

Oh, I won't give anything away, but if you go see it, sit through the credits. For Marvel geeks, you won't be disappointed.

No comments: