We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

and a good time was had by all... or was it?

So, my first Botcon has come and gone, and quite frankly I don't know that I'll ever do another one again. I tried to talk to a couple people from the message board, and apparently, if you're not already established in their little clique, then you don't get spoken to. There were quite a few, how shall I put it... "colorful folk" there, whose personal perception of these toys seemed to blur a little into their reality. And then there was the simple shear number of people and that translated into long lines and overcrowded rooms. By Saturday night, I think I'd had enough of the whole affair. Luckily, M---- and S---- were both able to come down, so I got to visit with them on Saturday night and we all went out to dinner to Cheesecake Factory.

After a few days back home, I can honestly say that in retrospect, I did have a good time. I got out of town for a couple of days, I got to pick up some new toys (the exclusives are impressive!) and I got to see a preview of next years animated show and some of the toys, and while part of me was hoping that I wouldn't like these so that I wouldn't feel the urge to buy them, the Animated toys may prove to be my favorite series yet, and I am more excited about this line than I have been about any of the last couple of lines, and that's based solely on the preview pictures of the toys alone. They didn't have any samples or prototypes of the toys to show unfortunately, but the pictures they showed were amazing. I can't wait for this line to be released!

No comments: