We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Monday, June 18, 2007

More thoughts on Ratatouille

So, I've been thinking a little bit more on Ratatouille, and I realized that I forgot to mention the animation in my last entry. One thing that Pixar consistently improves on, film for film and short for short, is their animation. With each and every film, you can see how they are taking their art form, and pushing it's limits. There wasn't anything that made this film more flashy or mind-blowing than their previous films, but the animation was simply beautiful. You truly believe that these characters are living in this world, and that it's all real to them. If anything, this movie is worth going to see a second time just to enjoy the animation.

No comments: