We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Monday, March 5, 2007

When Are You Due?

"When are you due?"

Those are the exact words spoken to me by a gal that I previously worked with at Kohl's as she patted my tummy on Friday night. I couldn't believe it. She's a little older, and I would normally tend to give someone like that a little leeway in what they want to say, but honestly, I stood there dumbstruck for just a moment. I realize that I have put on an exceptional amount of weight over the last year or two, but I didn't realize that it was that bad. I'm shocked that she said anything to me at all, as common courtesy would dictate otherwise, but maybe it was a good thing that she said that. It really made me see myself through someone else's brutally honest eyes.

"When am I due?" I'm due right now. I'm due to finally stop trying to tell myself that I'm just a "little overweight" and to really start doing something for myself to finally birth this baby!

No comments: