We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Fun Times and Family Challenges

Last night, M---- and I went to dinner at PF Chang's. She'd never been there before, so I thought that would be a nice treat for the two of us. We wandered around Eastwoode and then went over to B&N and Best Buy to do a little more shopping. We ran into R-- from TDS, and it always amazes me that after all these years, we are all still aware of where many of the Opening Cast are. We may not keep in touch, but those threads were never truly broken. S---- and I were talking about having a reunion party in the Spring. I think that would be a grand idea!

Tonight, I'm very busy. I'm going out to dinner with D--- to the little Chinese place by the apartment. I need to get an oil change before M---- and I leave for Ohio tomorrow to visit Aunt S--. S---- wants to go out for ice cream later this evening and catch up on our holiday weekends.

I'm really looking forward to our visit with Aunt S--. I haven't seen her since Dearie's home was sold and I went down to FL to help organize. I truly miss the family connection that we had when we all lived closer to each other in FL, the large family holidays, being able to visit whenever, knowing what was going on in each other's lives. In the last year, we've all grown a little closer together again, though, so it's not as bad as it used to be. It just took awhile for everyone to finally feel comfortable in their routines to be able to open back up and remake the connections that were lost along the way. I just find it alarming how easy it is to fall out of the routine of keeping in touch with those people who are close, and then trying to pick up where we left off always seems like such a challenge.

No comments: