We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Friday, January 24, 2014

24 I 2014

Why yes, it was a rather brisk start to the morning, thanks for asking!


Ed closed up the office at 3:30 today, so that was a nice treat to start our weekend a little early. How did I take advantage of that time? Took a nap!

Later in the evening, Sarah, Wendy, Kristin, and I met Whitney and Misty over at Painting with a Twist to paint TARDIS's!!


Look at all those pretty, blank canvases!


The background


TARDIS blue!


The Time Vortex!


Having fun painting!


Stars and the Time Vortex!


Swirls! More swirls!! Must have more swirls!!!


I love seeing how each of us made our paintings uniquely ours. Especially Sarah, the show off! ;-)
And Wendy survived the unfortunate fork thru her head incident.


The finished product!

Gail has been doing some of these classes and I had mentioned to her that they looked like fun, and being Gail, she immediately found me the location here in Lansing AND found out they were doing this TARDIS class. Naturally, I signed up and got everybody else together too. It was a TON of fun, and I can't wait to do another one! During one of the breaks, they had a Doctor Who trivia contest and asked 18 questions about the show. Who were the only 2 people in the entire room to get all 18 questions right? Yep, me and Sarah. The best part was when yells out, "My friends are GEEKS!"

I love my friends! lol

Afterward, Sarah, Wendy, Kristin, and I went to Olga's for dinner and Kristin came back with me to stay overnight, as it's getting a little late now for her to be driving home.


All in all, a rather spectacular day.

No comments: