We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2 I 2014


It was a little on the chilly side this morning. The weekend looks like it might not be too bad, but next week is going to be downright frigid. Woke up to about 5-6 inches of new snow this morning, so there's definitely going to be some shoveling in my future!

I reactivated my Postcrossing account today. I really enjoyed sending and receiving postcards before, so I figure, why not? It doesn't cost all that much money to ship the postcards overseas, and I've gotten some really cool postcards before. I'll post up pics of the postcards as I start to receive them.

A good workout tonight, if a bit short. It's the New Year, so all the new members are coming in for their New Year's Resolutions, so we'll be busy for about 3 months, and then it will start to taper off. Tonight it was only 1/2 hour and was all shoulders, and I can absolutely feel it right now. Got home and had to shovel the sidewalk and driveway because of all the snow, so have gotten my exercise in for the night, but will still be getting my mile in later!

My darling friend Ann made oxtail soup and bread today, and brought me some.


Doesn't it look delicious? Because it is.

After last year's dismal reading record, I'm happy to say that it's only the 2nd and I've already read 3 books this year! Granted, one was a novella, one a graphic novel, and one a middle grade book, but still, they count. According to my handy reading graph, if I keep up this pace I should be able to read 547.5 books this year. We'll see how that pans out...

Tonight I'm starting our book group's next selection, Mark Helprin's Winter's Tale. Clocking in at almost 800 pages, something tells me I'm not going to be able to zip thru this one quite as fast as the previous three.

Not at all a bad day. Now, if only this tickle in the back of my sinuses would go away and not turn into a cold, I would be exceptionally happy.

No comments: