We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Change in the weather...

Autumn is in the air. The weather is definitely changing, the mornings are cooler, the evenings are getting darker earlier, and as much as I hate to admit it, I find I'm enjoying it... I'm reading more. I'm slowing down a little. I'm in the mood for warm apple cider, cider mills, pumpkin patches. Is it Halloween yet? I find myself at odd moments looking forward to bundling up in sweaters with a nice cup of coffee/tea in the mornings.

WTH?!

Normally around this time of year, I like to think that I'm mourning the end of summer, but as I think back on the last couple of years, I think I've been looking forward more and more to autumn.

Of course, if we could keep this weather until December, let winter do it's thing that month and then jump into spring in January, but alas and alack, I can't have everything!

No comments: