We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ups and downs

Had to take Sky to MSU Animal Clinic in the middle of last night. She wouldn't eat her dinner when I got home, and then starting throwing up quite a bit. She just wasn't acting like her usual doggy self, so I decided to run her in. They couldn't find anything immediately wrong with her, so at 3am I brought her home and then took her to T&C so that Karen could check her out. They can't find anything wrong with her either, so they were about to send her home with some anti nausea meds when she passed a huge amount of blood, so they are keeping her tonight to run more tests. I'll find out in the morning how she is. 

To balance this out a little, I received my Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Virtual Half Marathon medal in the mail today. And an advanced copy of Havisham by Ronald Frame. So at least there was a little something to brighten an otherwise shitty previous 24 hours. 

No comments: