We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Disney 50



I picked up Disney's new movie Tangled on Blu-Ray the other day, and I had forgotten about the very cool trailer they had put together honoring Tangled as the 50th full-length feature animated film they had produced. And it got me to thinking, I haven't watched many of those films in a really long time. I own them all, so there is no reason why I shouldn't take some time and do a Disney 50 Marathon!

I don't really know how long it's going to take me to get through the entire 50. I don't have a set plan or anything, but I just thought it would be fun to watch them all, chronologically.

I think once I get done with the Disney 50, I may move on to the Pixar films and the Studio Ghibli films that I have. I don't own all of the Ghibli films, so I'll just watch the ones that I own.

Obviously, I'll be starting off with the one that started it all, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, so stay tuned for my thoughts on that movie soon!

No comments: