We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Friday, April 16, 2010

Today's fun with cognitive blunting!

OK, so I thought I'd have to post some my adventures with cognitive blunting, an apparent odd side effect of my new meds. Last night I was getting together with Tanya for her birthday, and on my way home from work I stopped at B&N to pick up a book on the circus for her. I left it in my car when I got home because I had my hands full, but had every intention to get it wrapped and take it to her later in the evening. I never remembered again that I had purchased the book until I got halfway to her place and found it sitting on the back seat of the car. In the time span of me buying the book and getting back to my place and then leaving a couple of hours later for her place, I'd forgotten that I'd bought the book and that I had wanted to wrap it.

Cognitive blunting is fun!

No comments: