We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I wish I could see myself the way others see me. I have some wonderful friends and family who keep telling me how great I am and what a fantastic person I am, and I just can't see it. I look in the mirror and I see an overweight failure of a person who wishes that things could be different; wishes he could look different, feel different; feel like the person that people say I am. But I just can't find that person in the reflection right now. Sometimes I might catch a glimmer, but that's ever about it.

Someday I'd like to be able to look in the mirror and not think, "This is as good as it gets, and it isn't really that great, is it?"

No comments: