We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Monday, November 3, 2008

New Postcrossing!




I received another Postcrossing postcard this weekend, this time from Helsinki! Mari writes:
Hello! Greetings from Helsinki, the capital of Finland! Here's an old map of the detailed plan of Helsinki from 19th century. Lot of areas are nowadays similar than in this map, but e.g. the island at right is now very different. The shape has changed after drying water areas to land. Happy postcrossing!
I'm pretty excited, as this is my first Postcrossing postcard from another country! Thanks Mari!!



I also received a postcard from my friend Gail who is out west visiting her sister right now. Here's the card that she sent me.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like postcrossing too!

Mama from http://www.sirpriz.com from france
Free swap gift community