We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Saturday, May 31, 2008

What the...

I stopped into the mall today and went to the Hallmark store to pick up some cards, and they've already got their ornament wish book out for this year. When I commented on it, the girl behind the counter, with the biggest grin possible, also told me, "Sure it's out. The ornaments are being released in July, after all."

I'm glad I still have about a month before the Christmas retail season starts up. I'd hate to have to wait until November for that...

Feel free to insert some sarcasm anywhere you want to in this post.

1 comment:

Irish said...

Sometimes i wonder why they even take the Christmas stuff down...the season starts earlier and earlier every year. There are radio stations here that start playing Christmas songs before Halloween. The holiday has lost all meaning.