We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Time flies!

I got so wrapped up in setting up my other blog, that it seems like it's been forever since I posted over here.

Last weekend was my birthday, and I had a great weekend! B took me out to dinner to PF Chang's on Thursday evening (mmmm - wok-seared lamb!) and then Friday night S and B took me to Bennigan's for dinner (mmmm - smothered chicken! and chocolate cake!!) and we went to see Horton Hears a Who!. Saturday, B gave me Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall and S gave me The Good Fairies of New York by Martin Millar. Then B and I met K over in Novi, and we spent the day over there, wandering around the mall and the bookstores over there, and then they took me to The Melting Pot for dinner (mmmm - fondue!). Sunday, I went over to Mom's for dinner (mmmm - baked spaghetti!) and spent the afternoon with her. So really, I don't know that I could have asked for a better birthday!! I heard from C, M and Dad, and got a box from UT yesterday, which he sent some boiled peanuts and Santa's White Christmas coffee, and he sent me my very first Folio Society book, The Witches of Salem!

Heheh - looking back over that last paragraph, it would appear that most of my birthday revolved around food! Which is why I'm fearing the next Office Weigh In...

I'm taking this next Friday off from work to spend the day cleaning the apartment. It could use a good spring cleaning right now, and I just need an extra day to get it all done, so that's how I'm going to spend my Friday. Then I should be able to use the weekend for whatever I want.

No comments: