We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

hello, 2008, how are you?

Well, 2008 started out quietly.

I had to stay home New Year's Eve due to shingles. Well, I didn't have to stay home, but I figured it'd be better than trying to negotiate a bar full of people hoping they didn't bump into my back and I didn't want to ride in the car the hour and a half to M's for her soiree. I didn't want to drink anything as I was afraid that it would interact with the meds I'm on for the shingles, so basically, my New Years sucked.

New Years Day, B and I went to lunch at Cancun, and then we shopped around for toys. I found a nutcracker at the Dread W for $5 which is adorable, I found a new Cars car at TRU (Mrs. the King), I found the Marvel Girl variant at Target. I picked up the January graphic novel reading group selection at Schulers, and then had a 25% coupon for B&N, so picked up another book there that I've been looking at. Got home, read the graphic novel (A Contract With God by Will Eisner) and then read one of the books that B got me for Xmas (InterWorld by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves). After that, I just rested.

Not a half-bad way to start the new year.

No comments: