We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Monday, December 17, 2007

Nothing new

Wow, it's been awhile.

It doesn't seem like a lot has been happening lately, but in fact, I've been rather busy. Mom and I went to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and couple weeks back, and then S and I went to see Spamalot. Both shows were good, not great, but good. We had S's Annual Holiday Party this past Friday, and then the Boss had his Holiday Gathering at his place on Saturday night. Tonight is dinner with the Gang, tomorrow is the Office Get Together, Thursday M flies in from ME, Friday I have off from work, Saturday we are doing Mom's tree, Sunday is our Open House, Sunday night is a drag show, and then Monday is Xmas Eve. Whew! Where did December go?

M and I are thinking about going to Chicago the weekend before New Year's, so that should be fun.

I was selected for another Early Reviewer Book on LibraryThing. This time, I'm reading Olive Kitteridge: a Novel in Stories by Elizabeth Strout. I'm enjoying it; so much better than Tipperary. It is a collection of vignette stories, each about a different person is a small town in Maine, and the character of Olive Kitteridge (a force of nature unto herself) who finds herself involved in each person's life, directly or otherwise, and how her presence affects the person or the situation. It's an interesting way to weave so many small stories together and I'm interested to see how the finished product comes together. I'll post my review and final thoughts after I've finished reading the book.

Not much else to report right now. All I know is I'm looking forward to vacation more and more right now!

No comments: