We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Thursday, October 4, 2007

What a sh!t day...

Well, this turned out to be quite the crap of a day.

First off, Comcast has screwed up my bill again. I tried calling them, and no one would help me as there was no record of who helped me the first time, so therefore there was nothing that they can do for me. Bastards. I'm shopping around this weekend and getting away from them as fast as I can.

I went over to Mom's house to mow the lawn and the mower wouldn't start. Again.

I pulled out of her driveway and my brakes started to grind.

I went to Kohl's to find out about my application, and got nothing but attitude from A concerning that. I explained to him that K had asked me about coming back, and that I told her I could, but that I needed to have certain weeks off, and he treated me like I was a fool to think they would hire me back with that kind of time off requested. It made no difference to me either way, I told him. I was simply letting them know, as they asked me to come back, what I would be available through the rest of the year. That immediately reminded me why I really don't want to go back to work there.

I got home, and B proceeded to proclaim how he took tomorrow off from work. I told him good, he could vacuum and dust for me, and he actually rolled his eyes and told me that he was taking a day off so he wouldn't have to do any work. I told him, what did he think I was doing on my days off when I was cleaning on the weekends? He announced that it was my choice to clean on my days off. I told him it was my choice not to live in a filthy house, and that it would be nice to get some help, but I wouldn't want him to put himself out by helping me keep the apartment clean. Honestly, I feel like I just need to do these things myself. Apparently B thinks that it's my duty to keep the apartment clean. I won't bother asking him anymore to help. It just ends up pissing me off. There are times that he makes me feel like I am nothing but a means to end for him, and that end is that he can do as little as possible to help me around the apartment because inevitably, I'll just take care of it myself, be it either cooking, cleaning or shopping.

It's days like this that make me want to take a step back from life for awhile.

No comments: