We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Starting own business

Well, after spending some really good time with C the last time he was in town, we got to talking about life in general, and he asked me why I just didn't start my own graphic design studio, and truthfully, I couldn't come up with a decent answer.

So, after a couple weeks of thinking about it, I've decided to give it a try. I've got some books on order about starting my own design business. I need to get a DBA, contact an accountant, try contacting the Lansing Chamber of Commerce (and I might even join the Eaton Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce just to spite someone in particular) and hopefully by June of next year, I think I should be ready to start advertising.

Keep our fingers and toes crossed!

No comments: