We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die

1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. Wow. That's quite a bit of reading!

I discovered this through my LibraryThing account, and thought I'd take a look at the list and see how many of the books I've already read. I had no idea how many I would have read, but as it is I've read 17 on the list so far. An embarrassingly small number, true, but something I hope to rectify at some point. I own several more from the list that I haven't gotten around to reading yet, so I think I need to dig around my library and at least get these read.

I know there's very little chance of my ever reading every book on the list, since there are so many more books that I want to read that aren't included, but I think it would be an interesting challenge.



Oh, so many books, so few hours left in a day to get them read!

No comments: