We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Feeling pretty good about my weight, until...

So, I've been feeling pretty good about my weight lately. I had lost about 23lbs since the beginning of the year, and while I still have a good amount of weight to loose, I felt that I was moving in the right direction.

That was until this morning.

I've been weighing myself every morning, and today was no different. After I stumble out of bed and get my morning started, I go to step on the scales only to hear this loud crack. I look down at the scales and watch in horror as the number just progressively climbs to 350lbs. Yep, my apparent fat ass broke the scales, and in a big way! Now, I'm not ready to disclose my actual weight just yet, but let it be said that the day before I had been well over 100lbs less than that!

After the initial shock, I took a look at the scales, and there was a crack in the plastic right in the front, and for all I know, that had been there for awhile, so I stopped off at Target after I went to see Transformers and picked up a new scale.

**sigh**

I bought a scale by the same company and as close to the model as the one I had before and took it home, pulled it out of the box, and stepped on, only to find myself 17lbs heavier than the day before. While that's a far cry from the 100lbs+ that the old, broken scale registered, it was still different enough that it made me think that the scales were faulty. I grabbed my 20lb weight and placed it on the scale and it registered 20lbs. I grabbed the other 20lb weight and the scale registered 40lbs.

**double sigh**

The only thing that I can imagine is that the other scales had been weighing wrong for awhile. I figure that the crack in the plastic had been there for how long I have no idea, but had been there all the same. I know that I have lost some weight, as all my clothes are fitting better, and people are noticing that I have lost weight, and I realize all this, but I still wonder if I have actually lost over 20lbs, and what exactly did I weigh before?

Well, anyway, I know I lost the weight, but I had a number in mind that I wanted to weigh before I went out to see M, and that number just doubled in one day. I still want to be to that weight before I go out there, so I guess I just need to work that much harder at it now.

No comments: