We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Picture of the day


Even when it's not entirely clear, and everything looks a little fuzzy around the edges, hope is always visible.

At first, I wasn't happy with this picture when I got home tonight and downloaded it off of my camera. It's a picture of a luminaria that was set up in the bleachers at the local high school where they were hosting the local Race for the Cure, and I swung through the parking lot to get a better look at it on my way home from L-----'s graduation open house. However, after I thought about it awhile, the idea took shape that it wasn't such a bad picture after all, and that like hope itself, it doesn't always have to be sharp and in focus, but just existing, for you to know that it's there.

No comments: