We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~May Sarton

from my bookshelf

Friday, May 25, 2007

Self-Improvement... One Step at a Time

This is how I've tried to look at this year. Self-improvement... one step at a time.

This summer's goal is to start running. I've always wanted to be a runner, and I think that I have the right mentality for it, so last night, in addition to doing my walk on the River Trail, I decided to run part of it. I walked from the usual spot where I park to Impression 5, and starting at the Sun, ran to Jupiter (this won't mean much to a lot of people, but there is a scale model of the Solar System that starts at Impression 5 and goes for 2 miles until you reach Pluto. I've been using this as a point of reference to where I walk per day). From Jupiter I walked to Saturn and then to the next 1/4 mile marker between Saturn and Uranus and then back to my car. The goal is to run the same distance each day for a week or two, and then on to the next planet, so that by the end of the summer, hopefully I'll be able to make it all the way to Pluto. Time will tell, but that is the plan as I see it now.

No comments: